United Kingdom (UK) residents can claim VAT exemption on designated VAT exempt products by completing this simple form below.

If purchasing online – the form can also be completed during the checkout process, or prior to order processing.

If you have any questions at all – call our helpful and friendly team on 0330 111 9745

VAT Declaration form - VAT exemption for disabled and chronically ill customers


and that I am receiving from JTSpas.co.uk the following goods which are being supplied to me for domestic or personal use: *

and claim relief from Value Added Tax under Group 12 of Schedule 8 to the Value Added Tax Act 1994.

If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods zero rated for VAT, you should consult your local VAT office before signing the declaration.

** WARNING** Section 60 of the Value Added Tax Act 1994 provides for severe penalties for anyone who makes use of a document which they know to be false for the purposes of obtaining VAT relief.

* Denotes required information

VAT exemption for disabled and chronically ill customers

Many products in our store are available with VAT relief. This is however providing that the user of the product/products is an individual with a chronically illness or disability and the goods being purchased are designed to aid his/her illness or disability.

Only those products such as our Walk-in Baths which are designed specifically to aid a disability or an illness can be VAT relief, therefore these products are displayed excluding VAT.

How do I claim VAT Relief?

In order to claim to claim a product with VAT relief, simply select the goods you wish to purchase and proceed to the check out. You will then be asked to state the name of the person who is claiming VAT relief and the nature of the claimants’ illness or disability.

Anybody can claim VAT relief on behalf of the disabled / sick person provided they state the claimants name at the declaration stage.

In the case of registered charities, please simply tick the exemption box and complete your registered charity number in the box.

Where do I claim VAT relief?

Simply proceed to the check out where you will be guided through step by step. You must select the dropdown the box declaring that you are exempt and then state the reason why in the large white box.

Do I have to be registered disabled to claim VAT relief?

Yes, the individual does have to be registered disabled.   

Do I need a letter from my Doctor to claim VAT relief on medical products to help with my chronic illness?

No, we do not require a require a doctor’s note.   You must however complete the declaration form above ​​​​​.​

Why am I being charged VAT on the carriage/postage charge?

Everybody has to pay VAT on shipping/carriage/ postage.

Further Information

If you have any queries on VAT relief for disabled or chronically ill persons, please click here to visit the HM Revenue & Customs guide to VAT relief for disabled persons.

All VAT advice including conditions for VAT relief for those in other EC states or outside of the EC can be view HMRC VAT Notice 701/7 here